Our new book is coming soon!
We have teamed up with Cambridge University Press to write a textbook named ‘Ultrasound for the Generalist: A Guide to Point of Care Imaging‘. This has been a huge undertaking during the pandemic but it is now complete and in print and will be published at the end of 2021/early 2022.
This guide will cater to all general clinicians beginning their ultrasound journey and extends to more advanced assessments for those wishing to advance their knowledge and skills. It covers a wide range of ultrasound topics including:
- Physics, Knobology and Artefacts.
- Abdominal – including FAST, Renal Tract, Gallbladder, Hepatic, GI (obstruction, appendicitis).
- Vascular – DVT, Vascular Access.
- Soft tissue and Musculoskeletal.
- Neurology – Optic Nerve Sheath, Transcranial Doppler, Lumbar Puncture, Temporal Arteritis.
- Gynaecology and Early Pregnancy.
- Hospital at Home.
- Palliative Care.
- Ultrasound in Prehospital, Military, Remote and Austere Environments.
- Governance and Quality Assurance.
- Training and Accreditation.
The text will be accompanied by an online video platform with over 400 images, graphics and video examples and cases to consolidate learning.
We will include links on this page to interviews and purchasing options when available. Please leave us comments below if you’d like more information.
Thanks to our contributors...
- Mr Carl Bellamy – Medical Photographer, Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust, United Kingdom.
- Dr Jonathan Benham – Consultant Radiologist, Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust, United Kingdom.
- Miss Alice Corbett – Specialist Musculoskeletal Podiatrist, London, United Kingdom.
- Dr Paramjeet Singh Deol – Consultant in Emergency Medicine and General Practitioner, Urgent Care General Practice Lead, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, United Kingdom.
- Dr Alex Hackney – Foundation Year Doctor, West Midlands, United Kingdom.
- Dr Vesna Homar MD – General Practitioner and Consultant in Emergency Medicine, Ljubljana, Slovenia. Assistance Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana.
- Dr Sam Hutchings OBE – Surgeon Commander Royal Navy, Consultant in Intensive Care Medicine, Department of Military Anaesthesia and Critical Care, Royal Centre for Defense Medicine & King’s College Hospital London.
- Professor Daniel Lasserson – Professor of Ambulatory Care. University of Warwick, United Kingdom
- Dr Catherine Lester – Consultant in Sports, Exercise & Musculoskeletal Medicine, London, United Kingdom.
- Dr Gaynor Prince – Consultant Emergency Physician, FACEM, DDU, Committee Member Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Group (EMUGs) New Zealand, ACEM & EMUGs Collaboration Working Group. World Extreme Medicine Faculty.
- Mr Naveed Saeed – Consultant Echocardiographer, Sandwell & West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust, United Kingdom
- Dr Maheshwari Srinivasan – Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Sandwell & West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust, United Kingdom.
Graphic design and image annotation by Dr Chris Duncan.
Front cover artwork by Miss Samantha Allwood.